Job Title: Outside-Builder Sales Representative
Reports To: Residential Design Center Business Development Manager, Novi
Employment Status: Full Time / Exempt
This position is responsible for developing business relationships with new construction and remodeling contractors focusing on fenestration sales opportunities. This position directly services key accounts and prospects with the goal of providing a value-added proposition that will establish and grow the business relationship opportunity.
Essential Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Concentrate efforts daily to support Northville Lumber’s mission to PLEASE. Provide a Legendary Experience Always Surpassing Expectations.
- Meet with builders, designers, remodelers and homeowners both in-store and on the job site for quoting and following up on both proposals and sales.
- Create quotes from construction documents and provide value-added services such as on-site measuring.
- Work effectively with customer’s specifications, schedules and budgets.
- Coordinates with Business Development Manager to develop pricing strategy to allow for profitable growth.
- Proactively recommends adjustments to current product line and pricing to remain competitive in the local market.
- Maintain a sense of urgency in all aspects of the job and ensure projects are delivered on time according to requirements and recommend value-engineered suggestions.
- Evaluate progress and prepare reports/documentation.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must have three to five years of fenestration related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have experience with residential building materials, products and construction documents.
- Must have strong familiarity in basic computer skills including Word, Excel, etc.
- Must have excellent Interpersonal, Communication, Sales, Customer Service skills
- Must have knowledge of point-of-sales systems, basic business accounting
- Must have ability to effectively resolve customer complaints / concerns
- Must maintain appropriate contact with builders, remodelers, designers and homeowners
- Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations
- Must be able to multitask, managing multiple projects over a period of time
- Must have ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Must have ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Must possess strong attention to detail and be diligent in follow up
- Must have ability to embrace growing business demands in a changing environment
- Must have excellent planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Andersen iQ+, SPRUCE POS, ThermaTru Configurator, Marvin OMS would be a plus
- Ability to talk and hear
- Ability to stand, walk and sit
- Manual dexterity
- Strength: lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
Job descriptions are only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned by management, might be part of the job.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts.