Responsible for maintaining showroom assets; Coordinates showroom staffing; Assists both builder and installed sales efforts with customer service, marketing and development. Develops and expands efforts with regard to corporate administrative activities; Frontline customer service representative dedicated to the pursuit of PLEASE: Provide a Legendary Experience Always Surpassing Expectations. .
Essential Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Concentrate efforts daily to support Northville Lumber’s mission to PLEASE. Provide a Legendary Experience Always Surpassing Expectations.
- Showroom, including facility and display appearance
- Working with departments to maintain minimum staffing levels during showroom hours.
- Greets and interacts as necessary with customers in person, or via phone or other means.
- Obtains and records current information on customers and prospects.
- Introduces store sales personnel and oversees communications between customers and sales.
- Responsible for all administrative, point-of-sale and customer communication activities.
- Assists Department Management when necessary.
- Recommends creation of and adjustments to, marketing activities.
- Responsible for efforts in customer creation, retention, and referral including tracking of same.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must have 3-4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
- Must have ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manages, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as: discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Must have ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, sales and customer service skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of building materials products, specifically doors, windows, siding.
- Must have proficient computer and technical skills.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to stand, walk and sit.
- Manual dexterity.
- Strength: lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- High School diploma, College, or Technical education.
- Valid driver license of the appropriate type and class.
- Insurability for driving.
Job descriptions are only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned by management, might be part of the job.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts.